1.24.2006

weight

I lost my identity somewhere along the way
just when i thought i was getting closer
but maybe its the mood i woke up in today
or maybe its that i awoke sober

I wrestled with thoughts that weighed heavy on my mind
so heavy in fact that they actually stopped time
the clock on the wall stuck at 8.45
and the thoughts kept pressing till I felt I went blind

but when i opened my eyes i seemed to forget
cuz your smile and your lips were right there
and for a moment those heavy thoughts they just left
and i lost myself in the scent of your hair

its too bad that you left cuz you could have set free
whatever had been suffocating me
but now its become clear and plain to see
that these heavy thoughts just wont let me be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home