2.05.2005

goodbye

so i said goodbye to you tonight.
and with it
i said goodbye to the pain
to the heartache
to the questions that keep me up at night and give me strange dreams
to the reminder of who you were to me of what you've done to me
to the memories that flash in my mind as if to tease me to remind me of what used to be
to the wonders and anticipations that clouded my sense of reality
to the lingering smell of your hair of your skin
to the thought that we may someday again begin
to the feeling of your hand in mine
to the sound of your voice on the line
to the pictures that once adorned my walls
to the loving names you were once called

and here i sit quite alone with myself
and here i sense the subtle tone in myself
the tone it speaks to me
it reassures me and puts me at ease
the tone which soothes me as a mother's nursery rhyme
the tone which has been there the entire time

i wish to be free from you
so i said goodbye
i wish to be clear of you
so i must try

cutting you off is healthy, they say
will make me soulfully wealthy, one day

all the unspoken thoughts
all the moments lost
wasted days
hurried ways

passion pushing illogical melancholical re-runs and take-two's and make you remember me and take you away from me
but now you are not for me
nor are you supposed to be
for it is mine, you see
this time, that you have taken
these freedoms i have forsaken

and so, with one last cry
as the song that once soundtracked our passion,
i wilfully and consciously
must finally say

goodbye.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home