6.04.2004

late

"oh shit, did you know its 8.25?" as though toni would have been watching the clock as i completely overslept. its strange how one can wake up at the appropriate time, lay down once to rest for a few moments then have moments turn into an hour. and this does happen often, to a LOT of people but im telling you, this is not your typical situation. i SWEAR that i closed my eyes for like three minutes. maybe some little elves came into my house in the middle of the night (thats funny because i wasnt even there in the middle of the night) and changed my alarm. or maybe there was a time lapse and i am the only one at sound lounge who experienced it. whatever the excuse my sorry ass was late. i jumped out of bed in disbelief of the time, brushed my face washed my teeth threw some clothes on and ran out the door as a cab conveniently passed my corner. disclosing the location of my destination, my cabbie then booked it to the job where i conveniently arrived at 8.45. wow. pretty damn impressive...as i begin to count the reasons i love new york city.

anyways, if we were to put blame on the fact that i had such an absurd morning, i would immediately place it on the fact that i played last night at meow mix. ah yes, meow mix the lesbo superclub which is more like a dungeon where girls who fuck girls flock to find girls to fuck, or to dance, which i got some of them to do. admittedly i was a bit nervous at first. primarily due to the fact that i would be using a new system, which did trip me up at first, but also because i was playing at meow mix for the first time. i wasnt quite sure what to expect but in the end it all turned out quite well. i did receive many compliments along with many strange requests most of which i would never grant tho i may have told the requester that i would. and some of them were strange. namely this one chick who claimed it was her birthday and kept bugging me. after visiting the dj booth several times she came up (the booth is elevated and enclosed), dug thru my records, made some comments, then cornered me in order to kiss and lick my shoulder. my shoulder. fucking weird ass people in this world i tell you. the one really great thing that did occur last night, aside from the several compliments, was that my old friend from high school showed up and hung out with me for a few. this girl was the second out lesbo in my high school but i dont think she was out until she was out, literally, of high school. either way, we were on the crew team together, as were many other already lesbos, or soon to be lesbos...ah how young and jaded we all were...anyways, she went off somewhere for college and i went off somewhere for college but we managed to maitain some contact througout the many years. through the glorious means of my friendster and yours, i had found her profile over 5 months ago and requested that she be my friend. after not hearing from her since i assumed that she either hated me or never checked her friendster. the latter was correct and she happened to check it this week...the same week that i posted a bulliten regarding my whereabouts last night. it also just so happened that she would be in new york city for the week beginning that day. so she came, we played, she left. she is expected to appear at snapshot for anyone who is interested...
and that was that...o except for the spanish dance-a-thon that was happening at my house when i arrived at 4am. toni-marie had brought her spanish consortium to the house to have some after hours party that involved loud salsa music and beer drinking...at this point i wanted nothing to do either.
thus my night. fun yet interesting yet leading to lateness at work. o the joys of being young in nyc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home