5.17.2004

hectic

is the word of the day to describe my life.
my weekend was crazy...
thursday night i went to open bar at Meow Mix for my friends' new party "recess". that was effective. following the closing of the open bar and the consumption of the remainder of my double fisted drinks, i strolled down the street to iggy's where another friend was throwing her party. it is here that i was seen (pictures taken) biting the ass of my most favoritest bar tender miss jensrockahhhhhh. upon realizing my inebriation had hit a point that suggested i go home, i akwardly strutted home all the while on the phone with someone, tho i dont remember who. once i arrived at my home, ms toni-marie insisted that i drill holes in the wall in order to put the curtains up. not such a good idea when one must balance on chairs and window sills.
the next morning was definitely hung over, to say the least. i inhaled two slices of pizza, a bagel, and cheesecake hoping the food would cure my ailments...it did not. instead, my day soon ended in exhaustion and my retiring to the scarcely furnished new apartment into which i would soon be moving everything i own. along with the reccommendation from friends that i shared a massive sushi platter with for dinner, i submitted to my exhaustion and went home to play mvp baseball 2004 and smoke incredible amounts of marijuana.
the following morning was abrupt and the realization set in that there was A LOT of moving to do. lucky for me, a couple of helpers showed up and the bulk of the stuff from #9 was transferred to #6. we then took a break, did a little shopping, and had brunch at Blue Water Grill...packed on a saturday. my afternoon then led me to thompkins square park where i met with friends for picnic and hackey sack...such hippies we were. the sunshine was wonderful and much needed tho being that im not a typical hippie and i havent been seen recently lounging around in a park legs crossed arms spread, my body was extremely uncomfortable. this caused me to stumble home, still very tired, with the goal of napping in mind. of course, en route to my disheveled home, i was sprung upon by two friends who insisted on inviting me for drinks at Benny's Burito's. being the lush that i am, i could not refuse. we sat, chatted, drank, then left upon getting our fill of margaritas. i, to my bed where i napped for 1.5 hours (as per jackie's instrustions) and the ladies off in their own separate destinations. my nap spilleth over and miss randee was at my door before i knew it to begin our date to the karen malcom sponsored ani difranco concert at carnegie hall. late, as usual, we jumped into a cab just in time to see the hords of lesbians itching to get a glimpse of their fallen dykon, in hopes that she is in fact single, and that she does in fact still like women, especially the 17-21 year olds whom find it necessary in their dykhood to fall in love with and feel an unprecedented emotional connection to ms difranco. "she will be mine" i recall the declaration of many a young lesbo destined to the wonders of the lesbian world. oh ani, the gateway to pussy.
regardless, the show was average, especially since i was once one of the abovementioned sprouting young lesbians and have seen my fair share of ani shows. it was short and randee and i attempted to promote the snapshot party but we had difficulty finding any recipients of the flyers that were of age to drink. once the performance ended, we exited carnegie hall to loud booming thunder and flashing bright lightening. the sky was just about to open up and scream .fuck.you.
and it did...how it did. i truly dont believe i've seen such torrential downpour in my 24 years of living. the gutters were streaming currents similar to those in a white water rafting adventure. after about a minute, it was impossible to fight the wetness and the acceptance of getting soaked became much easier. many plans were cancelled in that rain...yet one remained...i must salsa dance. yes folks, my white ass got on my way to B-52's, a club downtown where older, wiser latina's can go to salsa with one another in quite the lesbian fashion, tho the butch-femme dynamic is heavy here. i did my best to not look as stupid as i felt and shook my ass with my boriqua with the eyes of several of her family members on us. the night ended in an inebriated state, once again...
sunday morning was hectic. ikea is why. me and the missus took the free shuttle from port authority to elizabeth, nj to purchase some goodies from ikea. we did our shopping but as we approached the checkout line we soon realized that there was no way we'd be able to carry these things up from the gate at port authority to the curb where we'd hoped to hail a cab. in a frantic 20 minutes we called all we knew who would be willing to help on a beautiful sunday afternoon...afterall, who the hell would want to come to midtown if they didnt have to.
finally, i somehow convinced my ex girlfriend to meet us there. she showed up rather akwardly with her current lay and aided us in our long journey up an escalator and down the great hall that is port authority, to the lengthening line outside where many angry new yorkers were impatiently waiting for the never arriving cabbies. needless to say it sucked, but the reason is because we were stranded, in midtown, for an hour and a half. waiting for a fucking cab. miserable.
finally our waiting was up and our cab arrived...a chinese knight in shining yellow armor. once we arrived home, the overwhelming realization that we had to be completely out of the old and into the new by the nights end hit us like a ton of bricks. so we took a break...and had italian food.
obviusly the remainder of the night sucked and i finally got to bed at about 4am...only to wake up at 7.30...
and now here i am. at work. wanting to go home, yet dreading the entrance to my disaster of an apartment.
ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home