5.20.2004

to the root

ok. seeing as how i just had a traumatic experience i felt the need to let it out. on my lunch break on this normally very happy, sunny day, i took a stroll to the gay dentist in chelsea. this would usually be a very calm experience because i have been frequenting the dentist at least once a year since, well, forever. so i begin my appointment with a full x-ray. then the dentist cleaned my teeth in an interesting manner, one i was not fully accustomed to since i've been loyal to my dentist back home for years now. anyways, the cleaning was relatively easy and we had an extensive discussion about my labret piercing and the damage it was doing to my gums...something i have been aware of for some time. as i was sitting in the chair i decided right then and there to remove my piercing for good. tho i do admit to looking quite dashing with the metal stud in the middle of my face, i realize the regret i will feel once i am 55 years old and without gums for my front bottom teeth. i can somewhat understand where our elders get away with saying such things as "you kids today, so foolish what you do to your bodies in order to look 'cool'". but i do think i look fucking hot with that piercing. anyways, back to the dentist chair where, after the cleaning had concluded, i was given details about my x-rays...not very welcome information. he explained what was going on in my mouth, between my teeth, in places i wasnt fully aware existed. he mentioned that i had about 4 potential cavities, tho one was in a tooth that had already housed a cavity and been filled. apparently, my filling had cracked, tho i dont remember chewing a rather tough piece of metal that had been mounted to my tooth. after the filling had cracked, a cavity had begun to develop underneath the remaining filling. the doctor explained that we would need to "take care of it" as soon as possible, and the assistant muttered something about a root canal. i immediately sat up and said "root canal?...uh-uh, no no no" they tried to calm me down by telling me that they would have a much better idea once they got into the tooth (mind you this terminology wasnt very appetizing), but that it may not be likely that i would need a root canal. despite their attempts to sway me into believing that i would not necessarily need a root canal, it has been the only thing on my mind for the last hour...and will probably follow me to my sleep. upon receiving this information i called my mother, whose had several, to inquire about the details of said root canal. she explained that i receive local anesthetic shot into my gums and have the priveledge of listening to them drill. i said, how do they drill, and where? she said, to the root. "to the root?", i said. to the root.
i think im going to throw up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home