6.28.2004

welcome to new york...stick em up

if acquiring the ability to get around central park, maintaining an imprint of the subway system on my brain, knowing to avoid st. mark's place on my walk home, knowing where to get the best sushi, knowing what the colors that light up the empire state building represent on different nights, preserving an engrained disgust for midtown, ability to argue with a cabbie about the route he is taking, knowing where to get late night food of any flavor in my neighborhood, appreciating the best hidden parks, reading the post for entertainment but the times for real news, and even knowing of a good restaurant in brooklyn, isn't enough to certify me as a true new yorker...i believe my initiation has just occurred...

ladies, ladies, and some gentlemen...i have been robbed.

the incident occurred sometime between 2pm and 6.40pm on friday, the 25th of june this year, 2004. apparently the perpatrator pryed open the front door, an easy target since it is brand new and unlike the rest on my floor and without a metal guard to prevent from such prying. once inside, seemingly in a rush, the perp snatched my new playstation (a gift from my honey for xmas/hanuka, whichever preconceived religion you'd like to pay membership dues to), my ipod (which was never mine in the first place...sorry frankie), my fucking VIDEOCAMERA (which if you dont know, is my baby, well, was my baby), my jewelery including some irreplacable rings, and toni-marie's wallet limited to some important identification cards but not including any credit cards.

fucking sucks. but such is life, and such is this city in which we dwell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home