1.05.2005

winter afternoons in new york

sometimes i think my life would be perfectly fitting for a sitcom or a reality tv show.
lately new york has lost its luster.
but just as i get back i get into some shit.
i had only been home for 14 hours or so and then comes snapshot...
good times indeed but i often wonder when they will end, like when will the party stop being fun, when will going out become a chore.
and my body is tired, i can feel the age in my bones and my skin pulling away from the meat. my joints crack, my back hurts, i feel the weight of my body. like im witnessing a special on a science channel and im the subject.

so much has changed facing in the windows of my apartment yet so little has changed when looking out of them. i see the same people, the same trees, sometimes bare and sometimes green, the same routines at the same times. the same metal fire escape that never changes its appearance.
but one glance inside these windows at monthly intervals detailing the recent living that has occurred within its view, you would see what would resemble those old-time flicker-film-animation-books. the shifts in residencies, the guests over for meetings or visits, the different people who have slept in this bed with me.
do you think about that? not that there has been an astronomical amount of "sleepover-buddies" in this bed, but it is interesting to think about the various characters that enter your life for whatever period of time, the significance that each of these people represents, and why do some mean more than others, is it timing? is it immediate recognition of differences or similarities in personalities?

is it time to get ready for the day at 3.15pm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home