12.12.2004

dirty jeans

ok kids...
so i have discovered something that many new yorkers have already discovered but i need to share it with you...
yesterday, in my frustration of studying, hang-over, and too-many-plans-for-a-day-i-needed-to-study, i opted to have my laundry picked up by a cleaning service. i had been hesitant about this for many months now. often i am faced with the time constraints that stunt my opportunity to do my laundry. i had received a coupon from this place and for some reason had decided to hang on to it. i had put it on my refridgerator until i felt compelled to use it. yesterday morning, i felt compelled to use it. so i called them and about 30 min later a man showed up to pick up my clothes and bath rugs. so i went on with my day and soon forgot about the oddity of the situation. i stopped thinking about whether my clothes would get ruined, how strange it would be to have someone folding my underwear, and if i would be comfortable with the way that they folded my clothes in general. i had even harbored conspiracy theories on how this was not a laundry service at all and in fact they set up this faux business and stole people's clothes. Soon the day was over and no worries had crossed my mind. i woke this morning, reached for the phone, and in 15 minutes my clothes appeared. they are clean, soft, folded nicely, and all wrapped up in plastic bags like they had been shrink-wrapped to travel across the ocean. it is adorable.
so i think the point of this post is to let you all know that it is OK to have your laundry picked up and done when you are too busy to do it. you have the nasty stamp of approval on that one.

werd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home