12.10.2004

mask

and i feel like i dont belong
like you dont want me there

like we are all at a masquerade ball and im the only one not wearing a mask
and i can feel all of your eyes in me, on me, over me

and i feel disappointing
like i hurt you, left you cold when i may not have realized that i had an extra blanket

but i didnt mean to
and i dont want to

and i try to look at the evolution of it
the birth of it

i might remember where it began
when we ended what we had

and i got caught up
i got wrapped up and lost

and when i needed a map i didnt call you
i couldnt find you but i wasnt looking that way

it saddens me but i see the doubt in your eyes
like im that someone most despise

but i never thought i could become that
and i dont think i am that

in my representation as my only defense
i must say to you in this context
you've got it all wrong
had me misread for so long

i aplogize for the disappointment
but im disappointed that you could be so easily turned

maybe we can have a rennaissance because this is what i do
i stear clear and get whats good
and i know you do too
with that heart of yours

we used to, we used to , we used to
i could say that all day
but its true
we used to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home